Last updated: 2022-01-01
If you are visiting our website as a European Union resident, your rights under the GDPR are represented in an addendum to this policy.
- Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
Categories of Information Collected
Visitor Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores data regarding user visits to its website, including the particular pages visited or viewed by the user, the amount of time the user spent on the website or application, website errors experienced by the user.
Account Registration Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores certain information in connection with the account registration process, such as whether users registered using their Facebook or Google profiles, and whether a user verifies their reported email address or phone number (“Account Registration Data”).
Transaction Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores certain information regarding payment for its services by users and related transactions on its website, such as whether a user completed payment for Lets Talk services.
Login Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores data regarding logins to Lets Talk Platform by registered users (including Counselors) and activity conducted during that log in such as when a user logs in, the number of messages received or sent through Lets talk website, and whether a user has been assigned, started, or completed a counseling goal (“Login Data”). Login Data does not include the content of any messages sent or received by users or the content of any counseling goals.
Counseling Session Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores certain general data regarding user counseling sessions such as whether a live session has been scheduled by the user, whether a Counselor or user joins a scheduled session, when a counseling session began and ended, and whether a counseling session was canceled or re-scheduled.
Customer Data: Lets Talk collects, uses, and stores certain data from users that have signed up for Lets Talk services such as a user’s self-reported name or nickname, age, e-mail address, phone number, and emergency contact information (“Customer Data”).
Purposes for Which Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
Communication with you
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the Platform.
- To verify your identity.
- To complete an activity you requested, such as register for the Platform or obtain more information.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if we have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
Delivery of services to you
- To create your account on our Platform and let you log in to your account and use the Platform.
- To manage your account, provide you with customer support, and ensure you are receiving quality service.
- For billing and transaction processing purposes.
- Locking assigned Counselor.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Platform and the Counselor Services.
Administration and improvement of services
- To supervise, administer and monitor the Platform.
- To measure and improve the quality, effectiveness and delivery of our services.
Customization and marketing
- To advertise and market the Platform and Counselor Services to potential users and Counselors.
- To personalize website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to individual interests, including targeted offers and ads through our websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message.
Compliance with law
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to laws related to protecting client and public health and safety.
Other uses with consent
- Cookies and Web Beacons
Like many websites, we use “cookies” and “web beacons” (also known as pixels) to collect information. A “cookie” is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We collect cookies that are necessary for the Platform to function, cookies that enhance the Platform’s performance, and cookies used for third-party tracking. A “web beacon” is a tiny and sometimes invisible image or embedded code, placed on a Web page or email that can report your visit or use to a third party. Web beacons are typically used by third parties to monitor the activity of users at a website for the purpose of web analytics, advertising optimization, or page tagging. Additional information regarding web beacons is available on Wikipedia.
You can change your browser’s settings so it will stop accepting cookies and web beacons or to prompt you before accepting a cookie or web beacon. Opt-out options for cookies and web beacons are located here.
Our Platform also uses analytics vendors to collect information (for example, Visitor Data and Onboarding Data) about user actions on our websites for purposes of analytics and analysis of certain Platform usage
Social and General Information Tools
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing”, are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
- Security of Information
While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, our systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. We apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We comply with all applicable federal laws, state laws, and regulations regarding data privacy.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. We will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for us and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to become our user. The Platform is not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 18. If you are aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 please let us know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Counselors may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; (c) threatened harm to another person; (d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.
- Contacting us
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
Lets Talk may use your personal information:
- When it is necessary to do so to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, for example to manage your account, and to respond to enquiries about your use of the Platform.
- When it is in our legitimate interests or a third party’s legitimate interests to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Platform in the best way that we can. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of the Platform. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- When it is necessary to do so in order to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us, for example under applicable law.
- When you have consented to the use of your personal information, for example for marketing purposes or to track your online activities via Cookies and similar technologies.
- Your Rights and Choices
EU and Swiss residents have specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights if you are resident in the EU or Switzerland, and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right of access: You may be entitled to ask us for a copy of any personal information which we hold. This right is known as a ‘Subject Access Request.’ We will normally send you a copy of the personal information within one month of your request. However, that period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request or the difficulty in accessing the personal information that you request. There is usually no charge; but in exceptional circumstances we may charge but will discuss this with you if those circumstances apply.
Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification. The personal information will be checked, and, where appropriate, inaccuracies will be rectified.
Right to erasure: In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to ask us to erase your personal information.
Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may wish to move, copy, or transfer the electronic personal Information that we hold about you to another organization.
Right to object: You may object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. You may object to the continued use of your personal information in any circumstances where we rely upon consent as the legal basis for processing it. Where we rely upon legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may object to us continuing to process your personal information, but you must give us specific reasons for objecting. We will consider the reasons you provide, but if we consider that there are compelling legitimate grounds for us to continue to process your personal information, we may continue to do so. In that event, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: We use limited personal information to operate the Platform and to carry out certain profiling activities to support and grow our business. When doing so, we rely upon our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing your personal information and you may exercise the above rights if you do not wish us to process your personal information in this way.
To exercise the rights in relation to your Personal Information set out in this section, please contact us by clicking here.
- International Data Transfers
You can contact our Data Protection Officer with questions, about this policy, or about your personal information by writing to:Lets Talk
Whilst we will always work with you to resolve any concerns you have about the use of your personal information, under GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence if you have any concerns about our use of your personal information.